Rewrite my furied heart.


Quote: "omg. This instagram thingamajig is really cool. Gosh, does that make me some sort of hipster?"
Sigh, how lame was I back then. ...until now. :P

I can't help but reminisce about the art trip to Barcelona, Spain last year. :')
It was like Disneyland and Fine Arts fused together, leaving you both awed and captivated by their beauty.
Almost everywhere you went had some kind of art near it. That's the amazing thing about Barcelona.


Waking up from dream land, Here's the 30 day challenge I had mentioned from my previous post!


I would do try my best to update daily or whenever my time allows it. So let's get this ball rolling!

Day 1. 
"Write some basic things about yourself."

Hi, my name is Daryl Martin and I'm currently 16 turning to 17 this December. I pride myself in being in taking art as an elective for my secondary education making me an "art student". I'm also taking my O-levels this year and hopefully I could do well enough to get admitted to a design course in Temasek Polytechnic (or any polytechnic if that fails) or miraculously get admitted to a Junior college. If all that fails.. ugh. Its either I successfully beg my mother to let me enrol to NAFA (Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts) or I "Balik kampung" (which means to return back home in malay) back to Philippines. :(

Speaking of Direct Polytechnic Admission, I feel so "ugh." I mean, I have accomplished quite a number of things and won some awards. Yet, they have not even offered me an interview. I feel deeply saddened by this. But, that is life. You win some, you lose some. :)

I already had an interest in arts since young and both my parents are in the field of Architecture. So maybe the interest for aesthetics runs in the family. I can't say I'm talented in art. My paintings and drawings were HORRIBLE when I first started. Given that, I could say that I had the passion for it. Because of passion and interest, I practised how to draw, proportions, shading, etc. by staying in the local library during my free time. I believe I improved A LOT.

An unglam photograph of me published in the school's pamphlet.


I sound like those people seen in the television, particularly talent competition shows, that boasts about their overflowing amount of passion but fails to hit the mark. Hahaha.

From time to time, I wear these outfits that might seem too 'off-the-rack' for some people. I can't deny that it does piss me off sometimes when they overreact and say " I don't know you. Go away." or "So humiliating." I mean, what kind of "friends" do that. l:/


That's pretty much it for today. I still have some mugging to do for tomorrow's tests.

Bye!

Comments

Popular Posts