In this insanity, remains hope.

One of the various decor pieces located in our living room.
Such an exquisite antique. :)

It was quite a pleasant day to be honest. Even though it was boring at some point, it was still quite a pleasant day. I woke up feeling rejuvenated with the sufficient hours of sleep I had. Waking up at the right side of the bed REALLY made my day. Maybe, it was also due to the fact that it is Hari Raya. I don't celebrate it since I'm not Muslim, but I feel happy that my friends could eat to their heart's content again. Also, it would be weeks and weeks of celebrating and I cant wait to join my friends in visiting their homes. My mouth waters just by thinking about those delicious pastries and dishes lavishly laid onto the table. 


Aww, :') one of my friends actually smsed me. I think it was really thoughtful of her.

Selamat Hari Raya!

A time for forgiveness, appreciation for God, family visits and expanding waistlines. At least, that's how I see it.
There's this certain joy that is infectious. When you look at families hurdled together, their costume colour are the same as the members of their family. It's so Va-va-voom. I just cant help but smile when I see them.

I had lunch with my mother at a food court inside "Broadway". Yes, Broadway is the name of the place. 
I had a cheap meal ( It only costed $1.60!!) which was mostly rich in carbohydrates and fats.
Both of which I was avoiding for healthy lifestyle reasons.

After reaching home, I decided to download a GBA emulator and play POKEMON! Gosh, I missed those days and I'm currently playing the FireRed Version.
I chose Charmander as my starter pokemon instead of the usual water type I always choose.

After playing for hours and completing about half the game, I saved and closed the application. I then proceeded by taking a shower and preparing myself to go to the nearby mall, Northpoint.
I walked mindlessly around the crowded paths and just thought about Life. 
Questions that were mostly of "What if?"s troubled my mind. But, It was also reassuring to know that I don't know what the future holds for me. Maybe a bright one, maybe a bleak one. I do not know. I'm reassured in a sense that because I dont know anything, I wont flee or seize the opportunities too soon that appear before me. That God decides when the time is right or how fast my pace should be. Fate and Faith.
I am sure LOADS of people wouldn't agree with me. "You're free to decide your own fate." or "Letting other things control your life is idiotic." Maybe I am, but at least my view is for myself and not a view to conform with everyone.

Woah, That's deep. Sort-of.

After all those discombobulating thoughts, I entered a Japanese food court and bought myself dinner.

Yum, Yum. Omurice with Tempura an Curry Sauce.

It was DELICIOUS. I'm a fan of curries and Japanese Curry is one of my favourites.
However, I was saddened that the quality of the curry diminished after the food court's renovation 2-3 weeks ago. The curry tasted a bit bland and it had a watery consistency.
But still, I love curry!!!

Now, Its night-time and the HDB blocks are very "pretty". I wouldn't call it gorgeous, but it was aesthetically pleasing to some extent.



By the way, I skipped Day 4 of the 30 days blogging challenge as I don't own a tumblr account. Neither have a used Tumblr yet.

So let's continue to Day 5!
.
.
.
.
"5 Places you want to visit"

1. Japan. Self explanatory for an otaku like me.

2. Milan. I want to visit a fashion captial and see what other people wear and how they live outside these limiting walls I live in.

3. Venice. Water.Water everywhere. According to what I see from the pictures I found in Google, the place is very elegant and simply beautiful. I'd really like to ride one of those gondolas.

4. New York. The Big Apple. I want to see what's special in NYC. I want to jump in Times Square and Shout at the Statue of Liberty. Experience the diversity and the entertainment, the huge hype that envelops it.

5. Canada. From what I read and see in the internet, Canada is a very open and friendly country. 
I'd really like to live in a place like that. Where its easy to socialize to some stranger and meet a new friend, unlike here in Asia. Additionally, it's quite safe there too, which similar to Singapore.

That's pretty much it. Until next time, my precious readers ! :)

Comments

Popular Posts