The tropical woman cries for help!

Name: Erupting Volcano
Medium: Batik Paint on Mahjong Paper

Let's start of this blog with a random piece made by yours truly, moi.

It's currently 12:40 pm right now and I still have not eaten my brunch. Reason being that I am waiting for my illegally streamed movie, "How to lose a guy in 10 days" (Muehehe), to load. Also, I'm trying to save a considerable amount of money to buy clothing, food, and maybe even some art materials while I'm at it.
I'm dreading over the upcoming "O Levels" -a national exam to be taken at secondary level education. I hope I could pass this obstacle in my life so I could proceed to "the poly life" as they call it.

Oh, sweet dreamy poly life. How blissful I am to imagine myself being caressed by your joyful and carefree experiences. 

I'm currently obsessing over the idea of passing my O-levels, apply for a course related to the arts, graduate, serve my nation, apply for an internship, continue my education by take up a degree, work -and maybe, even become a teacher.
The only thing I am really REALLY sure about now, is that I have PASSION (and not just interest) for the arts. Be it fine arts, digital/graphic arts, theatre, dance, music, fashion, photography, writing, food (yes, I consider making food is an art) and all the other stuff that opens our soul and mind and makes LIFE worth living in.

I'm currently entertaining the idea of joining a junior college, polytechnic or an art school. Unfortunately, My lovely mother is not really with me when it comes to the field of the arts. She would berate me with points that are simply too true to disregard, and I would agree with her to some extent. Yes, the field of art is like proceeding with life filled with uncertainty. But what is actually "certain" in our mortal world? We could just die and wither away at a blink of an eye. Heck, some random woman might even fall on me and kill me as I descend downstairs and go to the nearest hawker centre to purchase food.
I'm currently grinning right now at the thought of that. "Woman jumps over HDB flat, Kills teen." At least my death would be funny. 

Alright. Anyway, my point is that life is short and we should follow the choices we make so that someday, we wont look back and ask ourselves; "What could have been?". I have no doubt in my mind that my mom would actually support my decisions when the time comes. But IF she does, I'd still find a way to change it.

OK. Enough gibberish. I'm smiling at this moment thinking that I wrote this entry to reassure myself. Haha. My movie has almost finished buffering and I'm being relentlessly tortured by hunger.

Signing off, 
The Lamest Ever a.k.a. Daryl :)

p.s. I used "I'm" so much in this entry. I hope it's not too narcistic. haha.

Comments

Popular Posts